Three Keys to BreakthroughJanuary 3, 2020
Then Joshua said to the Israelites, “In the future your children will ask, ‘What do these stones mean?’ Then you can tell them, ‘This is where the Israelites crossed the Jordan [river] on dry ground.’” Joshua 4:21-22
1. REMEMBER WHAT GOD HAS DONE. There is a continuum of God’s faithfulness through generations. In the Bible, when the Jewish people would experience breakthrough they would name the place where it happened or mark it with memorial stones so future generations would know that God had come through.
And David realized that the Lord had established him as king over Israel, and that his kingdom was highly exalted, for the sake of His people Israel. 1 Chronicles 14:2
2. REALIZE WHAT GOD IS DOING. King David realized God had called and anointed him for a specific purpose. And it wasn’t so David could have fulfillment of his own cherished deal. It was to show forth God’s excellence and help the people of Israel. What God does for you He wants to do through you.
When the Philistines heard that David had been anointed king over all Israel, all the Philistines went up in search of David; and David heard of it and went out against them. 1 Chronicles 14:8
3. BELIEVE FOR WHAT GOD IS GOING TO DO. When you and I stand up and do what God has called us to do, the devil tries to hinder it. We need to get determined like David did when the Philistines came after him. David inquired of God and then went out against the enemy. Life is not free from challenges, but we are called to rise up and, with God’s help, win every time.
• Write down five areas where you experienced breakthrough in 2019.
• Be specific: Write down five areas where you are believing for breakthrough in 2020.
Pastor Jeff Perry
JESUS’ MODEL FOR BREAKTHROUGH:
1. HAVE FAITH IN GOD.
2. SPEAK TO YOUR MOUNTAINS.
3. PRAY BIG PRAYERS.
4. FORGIVE. Mark 11:22-25
Daily Confession: I hear and do God’s Word. I have a heart to do God’s will. I believe therefore I speak. I forgive everyone. Nothing comes between me and God. I draw near to Him in faith knowing He hears and answers me. (2 Corinthians 4:13; Mark 11:25; Hebrews 10:22; 1 John 5:15)
Copyright © 2020 St. Louis Family Church. All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reprinted or distributed in any form without prior written permission of St. Louis Family Church. Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture references are from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation.