The Assurance of God’s AbundanceDecember 7, 2018
1. ASCERTAIN GOD’S WILL. God’s will and nature are all about abundance. He delights in our prosperity (Psalm 35:27). God “supplies seed to the sower and bread for food” (2 Corinthians 9:10), which means He will meet your needs and enable you to help meet the needs of others.
2. ASSESS HIS PROMISES. To understand God’s will, it’s imperative that we go to God’s Word and learn about His promises. The psalmist tells us to “forget none of His benefits” (Psalm 103:2). So take time to study and write out God’s promises as they pertain to your life.
3. ACQUIRE EACH BENEFIT. King David didn’t say, “My cup is half empty” or “it’s half full.” He declared, “My cup overflows” (Psalm 23:5). God wants every area of our lives to overflow – spirit, soul, body, our relationships, our finances, and our callings.
4. ACT ON THE WORD. We are called to take action, to be doers not just hearers of the Word (James 1:22). God’s Word is like a light guiding our path (Psalm 119:105). As you act on the Scriptures and stand on the promises of God, you can trust that His mercy, provision, and forgiveness will be available to you every day.
5. ACCEPT IT BY FAITH. Faith is not mythology, denial, or escapism. It’s firm persuasion based on the reliability and unchangeableness of God’s nature. Hebrews 11 lays out the compelling examples of men and women who have gone before us in faith – Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham and Sarah, and others – they trusted God to fulfill what He promised! Just as God was faithful to them, God will be faithful to you. Trust Him. He will do it.
God bless you!
Every good thing comes from God (James 1:17). No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly (Psalm 84:11). As I tithe, I trust God to open up the windows of heaven and pour out overflowing blessing (Malachi 3:10).
An extremely plentiful or over sufficient quantity or supply. Overflowing fullness.
Copyright © 2018 St. Louis Family Church. All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reprinted or distributed in any form without prior written permission of St. Louis Family Church. Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture references are from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission. “abundance.” Random House Unabridged Dictionary. Web. 5 Dec 2018