Let’s Get Ready for EasterApril 7, 2017
Most of the crowd spread their coats in the road, and others were cutting branches from the trees and spreading them in the road. The crowds going ahead of Him [Jesus], and those who followed, were shouting, “Hosanna to the Son of David; Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest!” Matthew 21:8-9
1. HONOR JESUS. Jesus is the Messiah and He fulfilled every prophecy about Himself, and some day soon Jesus is going to come back. In the meantime, we are to exalt and acknowledge Him. And just like the crowds cried out “Hosanna!” (“Save us!”) when Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey, we are also coming into a time when our city, our nation, and our world will be stirred to ask for God’s salvation.
2. PREPARE IN PRAYER. As we approach Easter, let’s spend some time in prayer. Pray for the thousands of people who will come to our campus on Good Friday, on Saturday for the Easter Egg Hunt, and on Easter Sunday. Pray for people you know and for the opportunity to invite them to church for Easter weekend. We are believing that people will get saved, rededicated to the Lord, delivered from oppression, and on fire for God!
WHAT WE ARE PRAYING FOR AS A CHURCH:
• The leadership of our nation.
• God’s strategy for our church to be revealed.
• Our church to be strong, obedient, and on fire.
• The children of the church—to succeed in life.
• Everyone’s needs to be met abundantly.
Copyright © 2017 St. Louis Family Church. All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reprinted or distributed in any form without prior written permission of St. Louis Family Church. Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture references are from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission. All rights reserved.