Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love. 1 Corinthians 16:13-14
Hey, Family Church!
These five actions from the Apostle Paul give us an amazing scriptural to-do list that can enable us to be effective all the way through our lives.
1. BE ON THE ALERT. We are called to keep watch and stay alert and always ready for what God wants to tell us (Habakkuk 2:1). This doesn’t mean we are to be anxious, but instead we’re to be distraction-free and ready to pray and act as the Holy Spirit leads.
2. STAND FIRM. “Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil” (Ephesians 6:11). Study Ephesians 6 to understand what the armor of God is and why you should wear it every day.
3. ACT LIKE MEN. God is telling both men and women to be courageous and act (1 Chronicles 28:10). Be determined to not only start, but also to follow through and complete God’s plan for your life.
4. BE STRONG. We go to God to find our strength because He is all-sufficient and His strength never runs out. “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might” (Ephesians 6:10).
5. DO ALL IN LOVE. Saturate the four other actions in love. We don’t battle against natural things but against spiritual forces (Ephesians 6:12). So let God’s love be the beginning and the end of everything you do.
God bless you,
I am steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing my toil is not in vain in the Lord (1 Corinthians 15:58).
Watchful and prompt to meet danger or emergency. Quick to perceive and act.
Copyright © 2022 St. Louis Family Church, All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reprinted or distributed in any form without prior written permission of St. Louis Family Church. Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture references are from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. “Alert.” Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/alert. Accessed 27 Apr. 2022