I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you all, in view of your participation in the gospel from the first day until now. Philippians 1: 3-5 NASB
Opportunity n. (op·por·tu·ni·ty) fit or convenient time; a time favorable for the purpose; suitable time combined with other favorable circumstances. Suitableness of time is the predominant signification, but it generally includes circumstances of place and other conveniences adapted to the end desired.
Why volunteer at SLFC?
Serving supports the vision to Honor God and Help People. It’s a great way to get involved with what God is doing in and through SLFC. Help others by using skills, talents, and passions God has given you. Support the local church and bring light into a dark world. Meet other people who love Jesus.
Who can volunteer?
You are a candidate if Family Church is your home church and you are age 12 or older.
What do people just like me have to say about being a volunteer?
“…It gives me the sense of being connected to the awesome vision…”-Karen Keim, Technical Arts
“Seeing children learning and receiving the Word and seeing their excitement transfers to me and impacts my life.”-Byron Lynum, Children’s Ministry Volunteer
“To give of oneself is so rewarding. To know that I make a difference with a smile, a handshake, and a kind word gives me awesome energy.”-Patrick Adams, Greeter
Where can I volunteer to serve at Family Church?
- Children’s Ministry (classroom teacher, classroom worker, greeter, etc.)
- General Help (office work & facilities)
- Music (choirs, worship team, etc.)
- Service Helps (altar worker, usher, greeter, bookstore, etc.)
- Special Events (Christmas production, Fall Festival, etc.)
- Technical Arts (audio, video, lighting)
- Above Arts Academy (instrumental & vocal classes, day camps, etc.)
How do I get started?
Pray about where God would have you serve. Complete an SLFC Volunteer Application Packet and return it to the Volunteer Office. All questions and forms must be completed for your application to be processed. Pray that God’s plans will be done regarding your placement and for the leaders as they oversee the volunteer ministry areas.
Where can I get a Volunteer Application Packet?
Application forms are not available for download on this web site. Here’s how you can obtain an application packet:
- Call the Volunteer Office at 636.733.8367.
- E-mail the Volunteer Office at email@example.com
- Stop by the Information Center in the Lobby of the Worship Center after weekend services.
Please allow 3-5 weeks for notification by mail regarding your status.
Use this link to login and access the Volunteer Schedules area.